November 14, 2011

Grilled Zucchini marinade

I have a confession to make
 I hate squash--all varieties.  There is no amount of butter, brown sugar, or marshmellows that helps me gag it down.  It is in my gene-pool so I don't think there is any hope of my taste-buds changing. 

I grow zucchini squash so I can make zucchini bread.  One plant every other year is sufficient.

We had a ward BBQ where our neighbor was grilling zucchini.  My husband was being  "Bob" (from "What About Bob) ooo-ing a aww-ing over how good the grilled zucchini was.  He talked me into trying just one piece.  Which I did to appease him-and my neighbor. 

It was sooooooo good! 
I quickly changed from wondering what to do with all of my zucchini from my garden, to hovering over  the zucchini plant waiting for it to produce another zucchini for me to grill.
This recipe is that good!  This is actually a vegetable marinade, but we use it primarily for zucchini.

Grilled Zucchini



Sliced zucchini 


1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 whole lemon-juiced
1 Tbl. Steak Grilling Seasoning
2 tsp. Kosher salt ( I have just used regular salt)
1 tsp. pepper

Marinate for at least 15 minutes.  Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment