November 23, 2012

Hot Chicken Salad

This recipe is from my mother-in-law and I really like it a lot. It is really more of a casserole, than a salad. Someone was feeling creative when they named it.  This recipe is a great way to use up left-over chicken or turkey, or just to make from scratch the first time. It is super easy and fast. My whole family craves this and I know you will love it too.


2 cups cooked chicken, or turkey
4 boiled eggs, chopped
1 Tbsp. chopped green onions
3 cups cooked rice
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup sliced almonds [optional]
grated cheese
crushed plain potato chips

The only thing I don't like about this recipe is the 1 1/2 cans of cream of chicken soup.  That is very inconvenient.  I am wondering if a family size cream of chicken soup can would work. I haven't experimented with this recipe enough.

Mix all of the ingredients together in a separate bowl, then pour it into a 9 X 13 baking dish. Add the cheese, almonds, and potato chips last, then bake. 

That is it!  Super easy prep and so good!!

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment