November 14, 2015

Chili

This recipe has a lot of ingredients, but don't let that scare you away from making it. It goes together really quickly and is easy to do.  You will love how hearty this recipe is, and how it will warm your tummy any day of the year!

2 lb. hamburger
1/2 lb. sausage
1 large onion chopped
3 cans of chili beans
1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
3 stalks of celery chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 Tbsp. bacon bits
4 beef boullion cubes
1/2 cup beef broth
1.4 cup chili powder
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp oregano
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp basil

Fry up your hamburger and sausage together. Toss in the onions and continue until the meat is cooked. Drain any grease off your meat, then add all the other ingredients and let it simmer for several hours or in the crock pot. 
If you are in a hurry, it is fine to serve it when it is warmed. 

I don't remember where I originally found this recipe, but I make this with a couple of revisions. I left them all in the recipe in case you wanted to do it the way it came.  I don't put in 2 lbs of hamburger. That seems like a lot to me.  I use 1 lb. I am also not a fan of celery really, so I usually don't add celery either. And the green and red pepper depends on if I have both of those colors on hand. Otherwise I will use what I have, which is what I am sure everyone does.

This is a super delicious chili recipe that you will love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment